While you may think that a fire door inspection takes just a few minutes, the inspection is actually very thorough and needs to be conducted by a fire safety professional. In order to ascertain whether or not a fire door is compliant, the following aspects are tested:
- Whether the door can be opened and closed fully.
- If the door has a self-closing system, this will need to be tested too.
- All gaps will need to be checked to ensure they are in line with UK fire safety standards, specifically the gap between the door leaf and the door frame.
- All seals and hinges will need to be audited to ensure they are adequate.
- Our Engineers will also give the fire door a full audit to ensure there is no damage that will compromise its effectiveness as a fire safety device.